Having trouble installing your mobile Gmail app on your Treo 650? Getting java.lang.Error? I was too…here is how I remedied it. (Updated 8/3/2007)
- Install the IBM Java VM using PalmOne Quick Install: http://www.palm.com/us/support/jvm
- Reset the phone by taking off the battery cover and tapping the reset button with your stylus.
- Install this version of the mobile Gmail application. This needs to be completed through the IBM Java VM that can now be found by selecting the Home button and selecting the All category. Select the install button and go to this address: http://gmail.com/app/v1.1.0/L1/gmail-g.jar
- Follow the prompts to install the application. Once completed the Gmail application should show up under the All category.
- Select the Home button and go to Preferences; IBM Java VM, and change these configuration settings:
- Check Use Double Buffering.
- Check Use high resolution coordinates.
- Don’t set anything for HTTP Proxy.
- Set Memory maximum to at least 4Mb.
- Set Maximum java thread stack size to 4kb.
Make sure the Gmail for mobile application has these settings within the JVM. From IBM Java VM:
- Select Gmail -1.0.0.; Menu ;Permissions.
- Select HTTPS, and make sure to select Once when the application runs (session).
- Select HTTP, and make sure to select Once when the application runs (session).
- Go to Blazer and download the latest Gmail app: http://gmail.com/app
- Follow the instructions to install (Use the J9Exchanger. Select yes if you receive a message that it’s already installed.)
- Run Gmail and cross your fingers!