Well not really. But that’s sure how it appears. No worries. There’s a remedy. Note that this fix is for Firefox 2. But I think it works for earlier versions.
- Bookmarks -> Organize (or Manage) Bookmarks… -> File -> Import… -> from File
- Make sure that in Tools –> Folder Options –> View you have show hidden files and folders selected.
- Go to the Application Data –> Mozilla –> Firefox –> Profiles folder.
- There will be an odd-named “.default” folder.
- Inside that folder is a bookmarkbackups folder.
- In that folder you’ll find several bookmark-date.html files.
- Select the one that is the most recent but still has all your bookmarks.
That should get things right as rain.